La Casa de l' Escrivà | Tel. y Fax +34 933 716 011 |alqueriasoler@telefonica.net
Cozy Apartments
L' Hort
1 Double Room
La Senyoria
2 Double Rooms
El Celler
2 Double Rooms
El Cantó
1 Double Room

Pages

Family History


he house was built at the beginning of the 19th Century. It was built by the solicitor Isidro Soler y Pérez (son of Leopoldo Soler Úbeda and Teresa Pérez Marco) on one of the mills along the irrigation of the river Amadorio. The gully where the water arrived was covered by a vault and is an orchard today. The house on the other side of the square, known as the house of the Master (casa de la Señoría) was where the administrator and master of the village lived, the Count of Cervellón (Conde de Cervellón), owner of almost the entire municipality of Relleu.

The neighbor house, located on another of the mills, had been also property of the Family. Known as the Fire Mill (Molino de Fuego), the gas it produced from the almond waste was used to run the millstones during drought periods. During the century turn over it contributed to the electrification of Relleu.

Isidro married Isabel Pérez Soler and died on 1910. His son Amando (he became friends with Castelar, and dedicated to politics) married his cousin Consuelo. In turn, his son, also Amando, married Vicenta Manuel Miralles. Isidro is the great-grandfather of the current generation of the Family, responsible for the actual restoration of the house.
Amando started up the Society “La Esperanza” (Sociedad La Esperanza) in order to build a mine to extract more water in drought periods. Vicenta’s brother in law, Tonet (he lived in Argentina for a long time), organized parties in the lounge room on the First Floor where family and friends danced to the piano music. Isidro was during a period solicitor for Relleu and for the neighbor village Sella at the same time. He used to walk towards the end of the municipality of Relleu and as he crossed the border he attested at that same spot, sitting on a rock.

On 1811 the Courts of Cadiz (Cortes de Cádiz) approved the abolition of the feudal control. Isidro and Francisco started a lawsuit (with Eduardo’s collaboration) for the redemption of the lordship dominion (Señorío). This lawsuit extended during decades and it was not until 1883 that the Count of Cervellón gave up and that the farmers could finally buy the land they had been working and been forced to lease for years.

Eduardo was a Professor, an eminent jurist, a passionate geographer, and an environment lover. He was a committed fighter for progress and science investigation and teaching. He was a cofounder of the “Institución Libre de Enseñanza” (Free Tuition Institution). On November 2007, on the centenary of his death, he was payed tribute in honor of his intellectual work and human qualities. Fascinating character, he was a Wiseman of his time, who strained to modernize the rigid structures of the Spanish society of that time. The values he defended are valid goals at present time.

Leopoldo was a Fine Arts Professor and Photographer, and a great partner to Eduardo. His pictures (taken on their expeditions) constitute a valuable graphic complement to the books and articles that his brother wrote.
During the civil war the house sheltered refugee famlies in the kitchen of the Ground Floor. The First Floor was fit out as a school and teacher housing. A second door was built in the main facade to access it from the square.

There are handwritings dated on 1585 that point out that the ancestors of the Family name Soler come from Penáguila and that they arrived there from Mallorca.

The linage name Perez comes from the province of Burgos, from Briviesca and the Castle of Frías, where Casilda Pérez Covarrubias was born, wife of Isidro Soler, member of the Cadiz Courts of 1812.



FAMILY HISTORY

RELLEU

FARES AND OFFERS

CONTACT